Happy New Year, everyone! I’m not gone for good, just swamped… and technological issues have fallen pretty far down on the list.
Of the two issues I was suffering with, I’ve just fixed the problems with IE that I’ve been having. *whew*, to say the least. Me not being able to access Hotmail and Steve not being able to access eBay from this computer was definitely getting on the frustrating side.
Now, to address one that you’re all painfully aware of… blog comment spam. Ugh. I don’t know whether it’s good or bad now that the only spam that comes to this address is the blog comment kind. Bear with me as I try to find a solution for that, as it will make me less depressed to look at the blog once it’s cleaned up.
So let’s all start the new year off right… may it be a happy, prosperous, and joy-filled year for us all!
The Perfect Evening
Combine the following for a fantastic dinner experience:
- Garden-fresh tomatoes with dressing
- Emilio’s Italian bread with garlic/parsley/rosemary olive oil and balsamic vinegar for dipping
- Baked potatoes
- Sirloin steak with cognac-mustard sauce
- Key lime pie (oh baby) courtesy of Marie Calender (and Oreos for the non-believers)
- A hungry, grateful dinner companion
- A begging doggie
- Cool breeze blowing
- Gershwin on the stereo
I’m thankful for a lot of things, but tonight I’m especially thankful to be reminded of how much I love entertaining. I can’t wait for the holidays!